Tyre Puncture Repairs
6 best puncture precautions
- Keep your tyres properly inflated: Underinflated tyres are more susceptible to punctures because they have a larger contact patch with the ground, which increases the chance of hitting a sharp object.
- Use tyre liners or puncture-resistant tyres: These are designed to prevent or reduce the chance of getting a puncture.
- Avoid riding on rough roads or through debris: This is especially important when riding through construction zones or areas with a lot of broken glass or other sharp objects on the road.
- Keep your vehicle in good condition: Regularly inspect your tyres and other components for wear or damage that could make your bike more vulnerable to punctures.
- Check for unusual vibrations: as it can help you notice any unusual vibrations in the tyre that could indicate a puncture before it becomes a full-blown flat
- Have a spare :tyre repair kit, pump, and tyre lever with you when you ride, so that you’re prepared if you do get a puncture, which can help you get back on the road quickly and safely.
Yes it is worth having Tyre Puncture Repairs
Many motorists go through life without having any tyre punctures repaired. As a result, on their automobiles. Some of our customers are forever having punctures and their tyres
repaired. For this reason, the fact that they need new tyres fitting. Consequently, the reason that they have had a puncture. Is that their tyres have little tread left on them .
The tyres become “softer” when the tread is very low. Therefore, a bald tyre will tend to pick up objects such as nails and screws. Thus, you will have a puncture. having tyres with good tread. Of course, it actually deflects objects located on the road. Of course, some drivers are just completely unlucky. Therefore, picking up objects even with a new tyre fitted. So this is not very common in general. As previously stated, the majority of tyre punctures are caused by bald tyres on the vehicle. which can easily pick up nails and screws from the road.
The common type Tyre Puncture Repairs
Punctures that occur in the tread area of a tyre are known as “minor repairs.” These are covered by http://www.btmauk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Minor-repairs-to-passenger-car-and-light-van-tyres.pdf. Naturally, this sets out the reasons. Of course, a flat tyre can be repaired in the UK. The tyre to be repaired must be examined. Naturally, and can be repaired only under the following conditions:
1 The tyre must have the legal tread depth 1.6 mm or above across the central ¾ of the tread around the full circumference of the tyre.
2 The tyre must be inspected for any run-flat damage or any damage to the tyres structure.
3 The tyre should no signs of secondary damage caused by the injury.
4 The tyre should show no signs of ageing, cracking on the bead area is usually a sign of ageing.
5 Look for signs of any bead damage.
7 Look out for any old repairs that may coming apart.
These points are pretty common sense things because Tyre Puncture Repairs that are not correctly repaired can cost lives. We at Pellon tyres will only repair a tyre twice and will only repair the tyre if it is a clear penetration. Many tyres on today’s cars are high speed and load rated and the customer should be notified if a puncture is not recommended for their type of car.
Run Flat tyre and puncture repairs this information from the tyre manufactures…
“With certain types of punctures in the tread area, the Bridgestone Run-Flat technology tyres may be repaired subject to certain conditions (depending on how far and at what speed the car was driven after the puncture). Please consult your nearest RFT authorised dealer to have your tyres inspected.
Before attempting a repair, consult the vehicle owner’s manual for restrictions. “The vehicle manufacturer may restrict the use of repaired tyres on its vehicles.” Bridgestone Tyres
for further reading regarding repairing run flat tyres
- Tyre Puncture Repairs-Are tyres really worth repairing ?
- British Government MOT Mess-BBC airs aftermarket’s fears over gov’s 4-1-1 MOT proposals
- Revamping Your Cars Interior-Comfort, Convenience, and Style
- Pirelli Winter Tyres- Pirelli recommend that UK motorists to fit “WINTER TYRES”
- General Winter tyres-2: Part of the giant Continental tyre group