Peugeot 206 Clutch
6 things to watch out for if your clutch was about to fail
- Slipping clutch: If the clutch seems to be slipping, or not fully engaging when you press the pedal, it’s likely that the clutch is worn and needs to be replaced.
- Difficulty shifting gears: If you’re having trouble shifting gears, especially when the engine is under load, it could be a sign that the clutch is failing.
- Grinding or noise when shifting: If you hear a grinding or other noise when shifting gears, it could be caused by a problem with the clutch.
- Vibration or shaking when clutch pedal is pressed: If you feel vibration or shaking when pressing the clutch pedal, it could be a sign that the clutch is worn and needs to be replaced.
- Burning smell: If you notice a burning smell when you’re driving, it could be a sign that the clutch is overheating and needs to be replaced.
- Lack of response when pressing the clutch pedal: If the clutch pedal seems to be unresponsive or does not move as you press it, it could indicate a problem with the clutch linkage or master cylinder.
Peugeot 206 Clutch
Lady customers, now make up about 60% of our total customer base. Of course, this has built up over the years. Of course, it is no coincidence that we have also built our social media base over the past few years.
As a result, I believe that our attempts to give our best customer service are reaping results. Because, I am certain that our female customers are more willing to spread the word, especially on Facebook.
This short article is about one of our lady customers and her Peugeot 206 clutch problems. Hence, the lady’s name is Susan. Susan and her family are good customers of ours.
Indeed, Susan telephoned us about six or seven months ago. In fact, she was on her holidays, somewhere in Devon or Cornwall. Consequently, she was driving along and noticed that there was a click or knocking sound when she depressed her clutch. In order to help her, I recommended that she pull into the next safest place and call us back.
As a result, the clutch failed altogether, luckily just before she reached a supermarket car park. Without doubt, I surmised that her clutch had gone. Susan was five or six hours away from Halifax. So I had to arrange for another garage, the Unipart Car Care Centre (UCCC), to repair her Peugeot 206 clutch.
Being a member of UCCC helps us repair our customers’ cars when travelling across the UK. especially when they are so far away. However, Susan’s car was promptly collected and repaired at a reasonable price.
To update to 2023, we are no longer members of defunct Unipart car care centres.
Peugeot 206 Clutch
However, fast forward six months, and Susan was hearing a similar noise when pressing the clutch pedal. Hence, her car was a Peugeot 206 1.4 with a petrol engine. Because of her concern, she left the car with us so we could take a look at it.
Our first job was to strip down the clutch to check other garages’ workmanship. This particular model has a hydraulic clutch. However, we noticed that the clutch release bearing, looked very black and burned. This is due to the bearing overheating.
When we looked at the car more closely, we saw that it needed a new clutch release bearing. The slave and master cylinders looked OK, but we bled them out just to be sure.
after building the clutch assembly back up again. Then we road tested the car, and everything was fine. As a result of our being a UCCC, we did not charge the lady the full price. She was very happy with this, and I am sure that we would have gotten yet another great review on social media.
- Nokian Winter Tyre benefits- Also Find out how to drive safely in winter
- Cazoo 300-point check brought into question following BBC Watchdog investigation
- Nokian E-Line 2 Summer Tyres-A Tyre with An AA Rating due to Tough Aramid Protection Technology
- MGB-Best I Have Ever Seen -Comes in for an- MOT TEST
- Bridgestone Dueler Sport Ecopia Tyres