6 Reasons your Kia clutch could be failing
- Wear and tear: Over time, the clutch can wear out and become less effective. This is especially true if the clutch has been subjected to heavy use or has not been properly maintained.
- Improper use: Riding the clutch or using it improperly can cause it to wear out more quickly.
- Lack of lubrication: If the clutch master cylinder is not properly topped up, it can cause the components to wear out more quickly.
- Poor maintenance: Neglecting to properly maintain the clutch, such as not replacing the clutch fluid or not checking the clutch for wear and tear, can cause it to fail.
- Damaged components: If any of the components of the clutch system are damaged, it can cause the clutch to fail. This can include the clutch pedal, the clutch cable, or the clutch plate.
- Faulty installation: If the clutch was not installed correctly, it can cause it to fail. This could be due to using the wrong parts, not properly aligning the components, or not torqueing the bolts to the correct specification.
These days a clutch is not that simple
During any normal working week. We may get price inquiries for customers. Especially, with a Clutch Repair Estimates for their car. Some of our customers are just wanting a price from us so that they know
what to budget for. Hence, I and other people are shopping around for the best price.
As a business, we find it difficult to pitch the correct price. because a Kia clutch failure is not the same as, say, pricing a tyre. The prices can vary a great deal. between the different qualities that garages use. We know that we could get reconditioned clutches for most car models.
But we prefer to use the best-quality clutches available. because many of the original equipment clutches are LUK clutches . Therefore, we prefer to use them. As it happens, if we cannot get LUK, then we go for original equipment clutches. In the long run, we find that to be true. We never get any comebacks with the better products. Therefore, we certainly do not want to have to do a clutch job twice. because of a faulty product. Life’s too hard as it is.
Also, we are finding that a lot of modern cars are now fitted with dual-mass flywheels; these were invented by LUK in coordination with BMW in Germany because the diesel cars were very jumpy when changing gear and BMW wanted a smoother gear change.
So this system of different springs on a separate flywheel that fitted between the original flywheel and the clutch plate was invented. Many of the other leading car makers have now taken this option up, but it means much higher repair bills for consumers when their Kia clutch failure happens, because usually the duel-mass flywheel goes as well, but we don’t know until we have stripped the car down to the clutch. A case in point is a job that we just did on a Kia. The total job cost well over a thousand pounds after seven hours, whereas an older conventional clutch would have cost around £280.
This is the reason why it is difficult to give an exact figure when pricing a clutch for a customer.
Please click on to the link bellow for more clutch information
- Timing Belt Needs Changing Sir? the dreaded words from your mechanic?
- Solar Energy Batteries- May Vie With U.S. Oil Boom as Energy Changer
- Car Service Tips For the First Time Drivers
- Annual MOT Testing-Two Old Timers-Call Into Pellon Auto Centre For their Annual MOT Test
- Popular Run Flat Tyres-Definitely an Improvement to road safety- KULR-TV